Robot shape sorter
CROCHET PATTERN Robot shape sorter (PDF), NOT the finished toy. The finished toy is approximately 18.5 cm (sitting).
The pattern includes descriptions for crocheting 6 types of shapes and sides of the robot: heart, cube, rectangle, prism, plus, ball. You can choose any 4 and make your own combination. There is a hatch at the bottom of the robot. The hatch closes tightly or you can also make ties of ch as an additional educational element.
Toddlers playing with crochet educational toys will discover many new things, develop fine motor skills and sensory abilities. Crocheted toys according to my patterns are safe even for little ones: they are soft and there are no small parts in them.
Languages: English (US terminology), Russian.
Watch the video to see all the details of the robot:
Materials and tools for crocheting:
- 4-ply yarn* (amounts are approximate**): The yarn kit is available on Yarnsea
- main color (light blue) – 1 skein
- milky color – 1 skein
- orange – 1 skein
- gray (for shapes) – 1 skein
* I used YarnArt Jeans (55% cotton + 45% Acrylic), 174 yards (160m), 1.76 ounces (50 g): Colors: grey (80), milky (03), orange (23), light blue(75). ** However, yarn consumption can increase up to 1.5 times when crocheting with yarn over (YO) way.
- Hook size 2 mm. Use a hook less than the yarn manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Black thread for eyes and mouth embroidery.
- Needle for sewing on details, scissors, thin needle for eyes embroidery, sewing pins. Stitch markers (optional)
- Polyester stuffing.
- Thin cord (rope) or soft tube with a diameter of 4 mm, for the edges on the sides of the robot’s body. The length is about 3-3.5 meters. (For example, I use a tube from an Infusion set, sold in pharmacies, about 3 pieces are needed for a robot). If you are crocheting less tightly or with a different yarn, you may need a different cord diameter. Watch the video where I show in detail the rope and tube from the Infusion set: https://youtu.be/-DMGO-CZIHo
PDF file of 45 pages with detailed instructions, over 270 photos, and 22 short supporting videos. ⠀
Basic crochet skills required: magic ring, chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, front post single crochet, increase, decrease, back loop only crochet, front loops only crochet.
Gallery of finished toys: by the tag on Instagram #robotzenknit